Fiance Pettion

Fiancée visas allow for a non-citizen to enter the United States in order to marry and then continue living and working here in the United States. When a U.S. citizen becomes engaged to a person that lives outside of the country, a visa can be obtained that allows the fiancée to enter the U.S. for a period of 90 days. The qualifications include:

  • Having an intention to marry
  • Can and will marry within the 90-day visa period
  • Have met each other in person at least once within the past two year

The fiancée visa process is initiated in the United States after which the application is sent to the consulate in the fiancée’s home country. It can take several months or longer for the application to be approved. Delays can be caused by issues such as criminal record or prior immigration violations. After the application has been approved, the fiancée must enter the U. S. within four months. Our office can give you advice regarding the fiancée visa process, and discuss how to address any potential issues that could result in approval delays or denials.

Talk to an attorney

Our Team