Family Petition

Under U.S. Immigration law, a citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) can sponsor the immigration of certain family members to the United States. The family green card process begins with the citizen or permanent resident petitioning for a visa on behalf of their family member. A citizen can request a visa for:

  • A brother or sister
  • A child under the age of 21
  • A husband or wife
  • An unmarried child over 21 years old and any of their children
  • Any married child and their children
  • A parent

A green card holder can petition for a visa on behalf of a husband or wife, and any unmarried children. In most cases, visas are issued based on annual quotas, the petitioner’s home country and relationship to the family member. If you are a U.S. citizen, immediate family members can be issued a visa as soon as the application process is completed.

Ileana rivera law can help!

The U.S. immigration process is not simple, and may take many years to complete. I understand how important it is to bring your loved ones to the United States as quickly and efficiently as possible. It is my great honor to have helped many families bring their loved ones to the United States. If you are in need of an experienced and knowledgeable immigration attorney contact my office today for an initial consultation at (407) 818 – 1242.

Talk to an attorney

Our Team